Serving Baltimore's Seniors - End of Year Campaign
Giving Financial Counseling, Emotional Support, Food, & Medical Supplies
St. Mary's Outreach Center year end fundraising goal of $20,000 will help over 125 new Baltimore seniors – a 20% increase from the older neighbors we serve.
Dignity and respect are at the heart of our mission to serve marginalized seniors. How does St. Mary’s Outreach Center serve older adults in our communities?
We complete applications and provide advocacy for utility assistance and housing tax credits. Additionally, we provide referrals and case management for foreclosure and eviction prevention.
- In 2020, we worked with 150 seniors to keep them in their homes or keep their utilities on.
St. Mary’s Outreach Center delivers meals to Baltimore households and work to ensure that people receive their deserved SNAP benefits. Healthy habits are also encouraged through nutrition counseling assistance and educational programs.
- In 2020, St. Mary’s distributed 60,000 pounds of dry goods and fresh produce to over 340 households; critical nutrition during a pandemic.
- 54 seniors enrolled or maintained their SNAP benefits through our programs.
Our clients are provided health insurance counseling and necessary medical supplies to ensure that their day-to-day life isn’t upended by unforeseen costs or supply shortages.
- 96 Baltimoreans achieved better access to health care through Medicare Counseling, enrollment in savings plans, and identifying key qualified subsidies.
- 97 clients received medical assets, including incontinence supplies, wound care kits, blood pressure monitors, shower chairs, and commodes.
Often overlooked by policymakers, services such as application assistance, case management for income support, life planning, legal services are offered. Our seniors, especially during a pandemic, need mental health therapy. We provide case management to address their concerns, but our staff and volunteers also step in and listen or talk through things.
- 150 hours of emotional support has been provided to SMOC clients since April 1 by staff and volunteers.
As COVID-19 has raged, we distributed over 6,000 masks to seniors and contacted over 250 older Baltimoreans to check-in on their preparedness and emergency response readiness.
A small donation will go far. The St. Mary’s Outreach Center directly supports one of our most vulnerable populations.
Our organization and the people we serve have faced many challenges this year, but we know that donors like you are here to back us up.